Western Sky Medical Research
Code of Ethics
1. We consider the safety and welfare of our clinical study subjects to be our highest priority.
2. We uphold the highest scientific standards of objectivity, accuracy and integrity.
3. We comply with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines, as well as company policies and procedures, that govern legal and ethical conduct.
4. We conduct clinical studies only if there is no undue cost or risk to the subjects, and only if they benefit the general public.
5. We engage in only those research activities for which we are knowledgeable and competent.
6. We enroll only qualified and properly-consented subjects in clinical studies.
7. We do not discriminate against any potential subject based on race, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
8. We treat all of our subject volunteers with the greatest courtesy and respect.
9. We do not coerce or unfairly influence people to participate in clinical studies.
10. We avoid conflicts of interest and do not offer or accept improper inducements.
11. We protect the confidential information of subjects.
12. We speak and write the full and accurate truth; we do not improperly withhold information.
13. We do not engage in ethically-unclear activities until the ethical questions are resolved.
14. We challenge or report unethical conduct to the Director.
15. We work together to understand and resolve ethical issues.
16. We never forget how important the subject volunteers’ efforts are to the success of the investigator.
Disclaimer: This Code of Ethics is a statement of good-faith intentions. It does not constitute any contractual or legal obligation beyond that required by applicable laws and regulations.